ENCORE Conference 2014
Results of the conference
The Bavarian Action Plan
- Pauleit Stephan TU München (PDF, 2048 KB)
- Rauch Ernst MunichRe (PDF, 175 KB)
- Ferrari Ben TheClimateGroup (PDF, 1624 KB)
- Short film TheClimateGroup
- Senn_Jürg_IBK (PDF 2MB)
- Vera Natalia nrg4SD (PDF, 401 KB)
Facts and Figures
- Luc Bas, Director at the IUCN Brussels Office
- Henk van de Boer, Drenthe, Netherlands
- Aurel Ciobanu-Dordea, Director, Directorate D “Implementation, Governance & Semester�?, DG Environment, European Commission
- Ben Ferrari, Corporate Relations, The Climate Group
- Marcel Huber, Bavarian State Minister of the Environment and Consumer Protection
- Monika Kratzer, Head of department ‘Climate protection, technical protection, waste’, Bavarian State Ministry for the Environment and Consumer Protection
- Stephan Pauleit, Professor of the Faculty for Strategy and Management of Landscape Development (Allianz-Stiftungsprofessur)
- Janez Poto�?nik, EU Commissioner for Environment) by video message
- Ernst Rauch, Leader of the Corporate Climate Centre of Munich Re
- Peter Schwarzenbauer, Member of the Excecutive Board of BMW Group
- Jürg Senn, Head of the Energy Agency of Liechtenstein, Office for Economics
- Natalia Vera, nrg4SD - Network of Regional Governments for Sustainable Development
Format of the conference
The 2014 ENCORE conference aims to motivate the regions of Europe and their environmental policy leaders to become actively involved in cooperation for the benefit of the environment. This desire to shape the world around us should not be limited to the conference alone. It should also remain strong in the time between conferences. To this end, all of the regions are called upon to become permanently engaged in the political discussion as well as to work on implementing joint activities on a continuous basis. In preparation for the conference, all of the regions have been invited to create a short presentation (A4 format, "About us") describing their specific environmental problems, conflicts, and respective features including supporting statistics, facts or graphics. These documents will be compiled into papers of dilemmas which will follow different thematic lines. These papers of dilemmas will serve as content input not only for the ministers' workshops but also for the youth conference taking place beforehand at the castle of Schwaneck ('Burg Schwaneck') in Pullach near Munich. The suggestions and comments of the young people to the papers of dilemmas will be presented at the opening of the 11th ENCORE conference and feed in the ministers' discussion on Friday 16th of May.
The main outcome of the ENCORE conference will be reviewing and adjusting the existing alliances and building of new alliances. The 'Speech Act' representing the conclusions of the conference will simultaneously become part of an action plan outlining the cooperation among the European regions for the coming two years.
The three networks: ENCORE, International Lake Constance Conference, and Climate Group signed a climate protection declaration at the conference’s closing ceremony.
The conference will take place at Schloss Hohenkammer, a historic building which has been renovated about ten years ago and completed by some modern conference facilities.
For more information on the venue Schloss Hohenkammer please refer directly to the webpage